Free Guide to Ripping Blu-Ray to Hard Drive as AVI/MP4/MKV/WMV/MOV
As we know that Blu-ray discs are unreliable because they are very sensitive to scratches, light, heat and stress, which will easily make a Blu-ray disc unable to be played when loading again and again. So it will be a wonderful idea to backup/compress your beloved Blu-ray disc to hard drive at first if you have some precious collections. And then you can freely transfer these backups to your iPhone, iPad, PSP, Xbox 360… for watching on the go.
If you are not familiar to backup/compress Blu-rays to your computer's hard drive, follow the steps below:
Everyone who wish to digitize their physical Blu-ray disks onto computer HDD can turn to this PavtubeBDMagic
. With this app, you can help you remove the Blu-ray/DVD disc protection. With its clean interface, fast converting speed and good video quality, compressing Blu-rays/DVD to playable format for various purposes will be simply finished within a few clicks. Becides, you can copy source disc to computer hard drive with same structure preserved. Refer to the guide below for how to rip blu-ray to hard drive.
The app is also available for Mac OS – Get BDMagic for Mac
if you work with OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9. Both are 30% off on 2014 Summer Sales. FYI:
If you want to rip BD/DVD with keeping all the audio tracks (language) and soft subtitles, here's another choice for you: 20% off ByteCopy for Windows or Mac. How to compress or backup Blu-ray to hard drive for various purposes?
1. Launch the highly recommended BD Ripper. Insert your Blu-ray movie to BD drive, and click "Load Disc" button on Pavtube BDMagic interface to load Blu-ray disc; it also support importing BD ISO and BD folder.
2. Select the main title and set subtitles/audio language you'd like to preserve.
3. Click "Format", you can find many video formats in the dropdown list, you can choose the one you need like "H.264 Video(*.mp4)" or "DivX AVI - Audio Video Interleaved(DivX)(*.avi)" or "WMV3 (WMV9)(*.wmv)" from "Common Video" option.
4. Change target video/audio specs (Optional)
If you are not satisfied with the default video/audio specs, click "Settings" to adjust video seize(pixel), frame rate, bitrate (the higher bitrate, the larger file size and better video quality), or audio settings.
5. Start Conversion.
Click the big "Convert" to start converting Blu-ray to Hard Drive as AVI, MP4, FLV, WMV, MOV, etc.. After conversion, you can click "Open" to find the converted files.
Now you can successfully rip and backup Copy Protected Blu-ray to hard drive Up to the format you wish.Tips:
1. You can hit the Copy the entire disc
icon on BDMagic main interface and start Blu-ray backing up process.
2. If you'd like to copy only movie content and leave out the extras and commentary, theDirectly Copy
is exactly what you need, which copies intact .M2TS/VOB
main movie from original BD/DVD disc without extras. Read More Tips:
Copy 50 GB Blu-ray main movie and burn onto a 25 GB disc
Rip Blu-ray to WMV/AVI for playback on Computer or HDTV
Play MKV/AVI/MPG, iTunes & Digital Copy to Amazon Fire Phone
Tips for copying Hercules 2014 DVD Movie to DVD
Watch most of my Blu-ray/DVD Films on VLC in full screen
Read Original: http://comfortable-media-device.over-blog.com/compress-or-rip-blu-ray-to-hard-drive